Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hebrews 2:14-15

          "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless Him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives." (Hebrews 2:14-15)

          The mercy and compassion and wisdom of my Savior is beyond my mind's ability to comprehend.  The chains of death that once tightly constrained the wings of my spirit have been broken. I have been released into true freedom.  A freedom to fly up out of the murky puddles in which I used to wallow and up into the higher place where my God, my Redeemer dwells.  To my astonishment, the God of all creation has become the Author of my salvation.  He has liberated me, and my lips will sing, declare, and proclaim His goodness for the rest of my days.

          You see I not only know of the power of my God, how He rendered death insubstantial, therefore, stripping satan of power, by His grace I LIVE in that power.

          Praise King Jesus!  He has freed me from that fear that so grips the human race, the fear of death.  And, consequently, a sweet tasting life river has been released in me and it gushes forth from my spirit.  It's constant life-giving flow refreshes and calms my spirit and that of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment